4.20.2018

Mango juice?

Product: Mango Nectar
Origin: Israel

First looks

Nick:
Well, I thought this was going to be soda, but there's no carbonation; is this just, like, mango juice in a can? I'm not complaining - it smells like really nice mango juice - I guess I wasn't expecting just straight up, uh, "Mango Nectar" in here. Maybe that's not a bad thing; carbonated mango juice sounds a little weird now that I'm thinking about it.

Katie:
Aside from some slight differences in the pop-top shape, this looks just like a can of soda. The mango smell is really pleasant, making me look forward to trying some. The ingredients are translated into three language so if you ever need a can-shaped Rosetta stone for the 21st century, this might be it.

that sounded cooler in my head.

Post-sip thoughts

Nick:
WOW, that is strong tasting. This is indeed mango juice, and it's very powerful. Might be a little too mango for me, and I like mango quite a bit. I think I would get this again - pretty sure I'd eventually get used to the mega-mango taste - but having just half a can, it's bit much for me. Katie, you got the can over there, how mango is this in the ingredients? Is the ingredient list just "MANGO!!!!"? Ah, it's "Water" (exotic!), then "Mango puree 25%" from concentrate. I'd hate to see what this is like at 100%. What does the scouter say about its mango level?!

Katie:
It's over 9000! (atoms of mango). This was delicious! I thought the mango level was fine, but YMMV. I highly recommend this.  The juice consistency was spot on--not too thin but not too thick either. If you like mango at all, you'll really like this. Definitely try it if you see some!

No comments:

Post a Comment