3.03.2021

Thai Noodle Stir Fry

Food Prep and Cooking


Katie:

I think we are developing a good system of who handles which prep jobs. This time, we were not surprised by any terms we didn't know and the prep went well. The ingredients were fresh and looked like they would taste delicious. I felt a little pride in how we used our excellent teamwork skills to split everything without needing to deliberate first.

Nick:

This was the easiest one to make yet (he said in the second post)! Basically, boil some noodles and stir fry a bunch of veggies in a pan. Nice and easy. 

Post-meal thoughts

Katie:

I thought it was good. It reminded me of something I would order at the Kona Café in the Polynesian at Walt Disney World though obviously not as good or in as nice a setting. I wasn't super into the bok choy and felt the peanuts added as the last step for garnish were not melded into the dish but I overall enjoyed everything. I would eat this again but I have to admit I feel a little hungry still. I don't know if Jabba the Hutt over here is used to stuffing herself at dinner or the portions are a little small. We did skip the mushrooms again, maybe they have a hidden ability that super fills you up.

Nick:

Solid 3/5. Like Katie, I got pretty strong Polynesian vibes from this. The first bite I was at 5/5, the second bite I was at 4/5, and from there it settled into okay. Maybe I needed to mix it up more to get the final topping evenly distributed. I'm also taking a point off for the bok choy. I don't really understand what this was doing here; it didn't taste like anything, and the texture was horrendous. Aside from that, though, pretty good all around - a few tweaks and this could be great instead of pretty good. To improve this dish, I would remove the bok choy, and maybe add a little bit more noodles and peanut sauce topping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment