3.13.2021

Disney Trip January 2021 Part 1

We've been talking about how much fun we have writing about the food we eat at Disney and how we wished we knew then we were going to start the blog back up. It's now about 2 months later and we're going to go for it. We'll try to remember what we ate, where, and how it tasted.

Day 1 - The Edison at Disney Springs

DB 'Clothesline Candied Bacon'

Nick: Well, now that's a hanger of bacon all right! I don't know if bacon really tastes better on a hanger, but at 3:45 PM after a day of traveling and only eating Southwest crackers, it certainly does taste good. The little dipping sauce this came with was really good, although it was so thick it didn't want to leave its little metal home and get onto the bacon and from there into my mouth.

Katie: I remember this bacon well. It came out on this cute little clothesline. The bacon was peppery yet sweet. So delicious that I didn't mind paying nearly 20 bucks for it. An appetizer that actually whets your appetite for more rather than feeling like you're done eating and can leave the restaurant now.

The Edison Burger

Nick: Yeah, uh, I definitely remember this. I believe it was ground beef in between two slices of... bun.

You know, hold on a second, I have to go to the bathroom. (loud keyboard clicking) Ahh, okay, right, I totally remember this, it's Signature Beef Blend of Sirloin, Short Rib, and Brisket topped with White Cheddar, Crispy Onions, Smoked Bacon, House-made Pickles, Lettuce, Tomato, Special Sauce, and Hand-cut Fries. Yes, that's it! Okay, no time for questions, it's time for Katie to talk about her thing!

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Katie: I was amused that such a basic lunch staple would be on the menu of a restaurant themed like a 19th century industrial plant. The grilled cheese was elevated to be made with fancy bread and even fancier cheese. Bread as big as a pizza slice that dipped very nicely into the accompanying tomato soup. I only managed maybe 60% of the sandwich before I was defeated.





Caramel Apple Pie a la Mode

Katie: I remember this being quite good. It was good enough for Nick to actually eat apple pie. Which he doesn't normally. To be fair, when we met 20 years ago...he refused to eat anywhere that didn't serve French fries which was all he ordered. One time, he did an entire skit about ketchup court with the knife serving as the prosecutor. I was extremely charmed and won over. So there you go, my dudes. Win your lady love with an elaborate skit about the spoon on trial for napkin murder.

Nick: Ha ha! We didn't meet 20 years ago, that would make me... oh. Oh, no. Oh, no - I'm old!! You guys, I'm old now! When did this happen? I'm like halfway through my life! What am I doing here? I should be out in like a powerboat exploring, uh, somewhere you can get to with a power boat! We all only have so much time left! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

PS: Pie was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment