3.20.2021

Disney Trip January 2021 Part 2


Liberty Tree Tavern 

All-You-Care-to-Enjoy Plant-based Tavern Keeper’s Feast

Impossible™ Meatloaf

Plant-based Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes, Mushroom Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables

Nick: I will admit right off the bat I was a little afraid to order this. I've never had meatloaf that I remember, let alone plant-based Impossible(TM) meatloaf, and I was half afraid I was going to get some kind of weird frankenfood that I'd pick at and just eat the mashed potatoes and then the waitress would come by like "what's the matter, didn't like the Impossible(TM) plant-based meatloaf??" and then yell at the back "HE DIDN'T LIKE THE IMPOSSIBLE(TM) PLANT-BASED MEATLOAF!!". As it turns out, the Impossible(TM) Plant-based Meatloaf was so much like the Platonic ideal of perfect Meatloaf that I ate a ton of Impossible(TM) Plant-based Meatloaf. I did a Google search later and apparently this was some kind of mixture of beans, soy protein and spices, but I swear to you if the menu didn't specifically call this out as Impossible(TM) Plant-based Meatloaf I would have thought it was the real thing. And it was very tasty! Somehow, this really did deliver, in taste and texture, the perfect, even slightly burned meatloaf. Amazing. I only ate half the mashed potatoes because I filled up on Impossible(TM) Plant-based Meatloaf, a sentence I never thought I would write. What a time to be alive.

Katie: We also had a salad that was good. The real star was this meatloaf! I swear I thought I didn't like Impossible meat the last time I had it but I think it might have been that particular restaurant's attempt at mimicking it. This was amazing! I would happily swap this for any type of beef, any time. 

Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake

Vanilla Toffee Cake, Chocolate Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream

Katie: Oh. My. Gosh. There are no words. Should have...sent a poet. Okay maybe there are some words: joyous, scrumptious, and still-telling-people-about-it-months-laterness.

Nick: Well, now I wish I'd saved some of the energy I put into talking about the joy of Impossible(TM) Plant-based Meatloaf to describe this oooey gooey toffee cake, which was absolutely delicious. Like Katie, I'm not sure I really have the words for this; I'd recommend just clicking on the picture to make it full size. It was just as delicious as it looks. Man, I want oooey gooey toffee cake now.


Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Margherita Flatbread

Nick: Pretty good! This is basically pizza dough, tomato sauce, mozzarella, and big tomato slices. I will admit that I picked the mozzarella off this, but only because it upsets my stomach; I ate the big tomato pieces, which is unusual for me. I'm such a brave boy. The world's bravest boy, some say. No, no, there's no time to go into who says that, let's see what Katie has to say.

Katie: I remember liking this. Nick was an extremely brave boy. 



Mama's Italian Pasta

Nick: You know, it's pasta. I ate a bunch of it. It's fine. Fills you up. Gives your cells energy to divide or whatever they're doing in there. Gave my body the energy for my lungs to keep breathing and my legs to keep walking and my brain to come up with thoughts about Mama's Italian Pasta and my fingers to type on a keyboard. You know, pasta. This also came with four huge meatballs I couldn't eat; I like meat more than Katie does, but just biting into a huge ball of it gets old pretty fast. I'm sure they were fine too. End communication.

Katie: My aversion to meat is less "this used to be a cow who was alive and liked being alive somewhere" than I really don't like the texture, taste, and look of putting it in my mouth. It is a huge deal when there is meat I can handle in my mouth and eat. It is somewhat about the whole cow thing (like some I didn't eat any pigs for years after Babe because that scene where he's crying for his mom is heartbreaking) but mostly because I have a thing with food texture. I'm sure some of you can relate.

Anyway, the pasta was really good. I'd order it again but maybe without the appetizer so I can have dessert instead. Yay for cake and ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment