3.05.2021

Korean Fried Rice with Kimchi

 Food Prep and Cooking

Nick:

Pretty easy! We skipped the peas and mushrooms (for some reason every recipe has peas and mushrooms, which neither of us like), so basically we cooked some rice, put it in a pan with carrots and daikon kimchi, then fried an egg and put that on top, garnished with seeds and scallions. Most of the cook time was sitting around waiting for the rice to cook.

Katie:

I think this was the easiest meal to prepare so far. The carrots were already cubed so the only thing I really had to chop were the scallions. I'm still surprised we're putting rice in a pan to continue cooking it. I keep thinking I'm going to burn it!

Post-meal thoughts


Nick:

Really good! I think this might be the best thing we've made so far. I was a little worried about the kimchi, which I've had before and was nasty, but that was traditional cabbage; this was daikon kimchi, and together with the carrots, rice, and whatever flavoring we put on top of it, it was delicious. The egg I mixed in with the vegetables, and it added a very nice savory note. I would eat this up all day. In terms of improving the dish... uhh, all I can really think of is that I wanted more of it!

Katie:

I thought it was quite good! I admit I wimped out on the egg at the last second. Nick did a great job cooking the eggs, especially considering it was our first time ever making eggs. As Nick said, we had kimchi before and did not like it one bit. The daikon kimchi was delicious! I will definitely be adding kimchi to my list of ingredients-that-are-okay-to-have-in-a-dish-I'm-ordering-from-somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment