4.14.2021

Peanut Udon Noodle Bowls

Food Prep and Cooking

Katie:

The food prep was simple and quick this time. We did skip the mushrooms and edamame so there's some time saved there. I had fun grating the carrot, something I haven't done since I was a kid. Although, I remember grating a lot of cheese. I don't remember why but we bought cheddar cheese in this big long block and grated it ourselves. Did they not sell grated cheese in the late 80s? Or was it just for fancy people? I don't even think you can buy blocks of cheese like that now, can you?

Nick:

Sure you can! Next time we actually go to the supermarket (like CHUMPS) I'll get you a $600 wheel of that parmesan cheese you like. Just make sure you eat it all before it goes stale! Ha ha!

As for the prep, like Katie said, very simple - I think this was the easiest one we've ever done. Boil up some noodles, cook some peppers in a pan, combine, add sauce, plate, and put a ton of shredded carrot on top. I think it would have been more complicated if we hadn't skipped the mushrooms, but I hate the texture of mushrooms. Fuck mushrooms. All my homies hate mushrooms. #killallmushrooms

Post-meal thoughts

Katie:

Oh my gosh, my friends. I want 3 or 4 more bowls of this. We weren't halfway through before we started talking about making this ourselves (and also if we wanted to have yogurt because we were still hungry). This is the first time we are going to keep the recipe and attempt to make a version on our own. The sauce was delicious, the peppers were in that sweet spot of being a bit burnt and sweetish, and the carrots added a yummy texture to the dish. In all serious, I want way more of this than we got. I'm guessing the bowl would have been more full with the stuff we left off.

Nick:

I know it seems kind of silly to throw a bunch of ingredients away and then complain that the finished dish doesn't give you enough to eat, but, uh, here we are. You could easily stand to double the noodles on this bad boy and I think it would still be great. What we did get was excellent; as Katie said the peppers were done just the right amount, and the noodles, sauce and carrots all combined wonderfully. The only problem is that I wanted more, and not just I wanted more as in it was great and I want to eat more, but I wanted more as in it wasn't enough to fill me up and I'm going to have to go eat something else. Double the noodles in this and I think you have a sure fire hit. As it is, it tastes great, but this is more like an appetizer than a meal that's going to fill you all the way up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment