5.05.2021

Middle Eastern-Style Beef Pitas

Food Prep and Cooking

Katie:

I missed about half the prep this time as a work meeting went beyond my EOD. Nick heroically started cooking and prepping without me. He also bravely did all the meat-touching. Our first time cooking beef with both of us inquiring of the other "are we doing this right" every other minute. I'm going to let Nick go more in depth since he did much more of the lift today.

Nick:

Not too tough - season the beef, cook it in a pan, warm the pitas, make garlic labneh (put labneh in a bowl and add garlic), spread labneh on the pita, add beef, done. Just to look at the finished product, I was like, that is a lot of beef. I started getting worried - not as worried as last time after trying that nasty pesto shit they tried to poison us with - that this was going to be way too much beef. I have a bad feeling about this.

Post-meal thoughts

Nick:

Too much beef. The pita is good, the garlic labneh is good, the seasoning on the beef is good, but even at half as much beef this would probably be too much beef. Just a ton of beef. This is like four or five burger's worth of beef in the pita. Maybe if it was like fried and crunchy. The taste was good, but the texture of all that beef... I guess we're not just big meat people. Another swing and a miss. You're on real thin ice now, Blue Apron! Don't mess these next two up!

Katie:

I wholeheartedly agree--too much beef but the pita, labneh, and zatar were all good. If there had been just a fraction of the beef in smaller chunks, maybe I would have actually finished it rather than took a few bites before making a face. To be fair, I can't even finish a whole burger most of the time as I'll get about halfway through being my meat meter is full and my sim makes a scronchy unhappy face in the status screen. What I'm saying is, I'm not the most unbiased source when it comes to meat, especially beef. Maybe I've even said this 7 times already and you're sick of hearing it! To fix this, I would have given us far less beef and made my mom come over to cook it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment